c-card Hertfordshire is a sexual health scheme for people up to the age of 25 years. Whether you're a man or woman, straight or gay, this scheme aims to help you:
- make the right choices regarding relationships;
- get free condoms to prevent unplanned pregnancies and reduce sexually transmitted infections (STIs);
- get tested for chlamydia and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs); and
- understand the types of contraception available.
How does c-card work?
You will be able to pick up free condoms where you see the c-card logo. You will need to register first at a registration point. You will then be issued with a card which contains a unique ID number.
You will need this every time you pick up your free condoms from either a registration or easy access point. Before you go to a c-card point, check opening times and service information for all registration and easy access points within Hertfordshire.
What happens at a registration point?
- You will have the opportunity to discuss how to use a condom safely and ask any questions you may have around sexual health.
- You will then be issued with a key ring (see picture) which contains a unique ID number. You will need this every time you pick up your free condoms.
- You will receive condoms, lube and information leaflets when you have completed your registration.
We do ask for your date of birth and part of your postcode. We do not take your name. This helps us see where young people prefer to get their condoms. Nothing will be sent to your home address. The information is only used for reports, no one is identified from it. Remember, all sessions are fully confidential*.
Find opening times and service information for all registration and pick up points in Hertfordshire.
What happens at an easy access point?
You will only be able to pick up condoms or dams when you show your c-card. The person will take the number of your card and issue you with one packet of six condoms.
*Confidentiality will only be broken under very exceptional circumstances for example, if, in our professional judgement, we believe there is a risk of abuse or harm to you or others.
For more information on c-card download our c-card Hertfordshire leaflet.